Have you always wanted to send a summer playlist to a friend in a greeting card, but you didn’t know how to do it? We will show you step-by-step how you can add a custom Spotify playlist to a card for the card receiver to listen to. You can add a song or even a whole playlist! This is perfect to make for anyone who is a music lover (I mean who isn’t?)!
Picking the Music
The first step is to pick out the music you want to add to your card. Whether it’s a birthday card, a pool party invitation, or a graduation party invitation, the right mood for your songs should be kept in mind. Here are some of our suggestions of songs you can include for different occasions:
BIRTHDAY: Birthday by Katy Perry
SUMMER PARTY: Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato
GRADUATION: Good Old Days by Macklemore (ft. Kesha)
CONGRATULATIONS: Dancing Queen by ABBA
FOURTH OF JULY: Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
You could even make a whole playlist dedicated to someone. Here are some ideas and inspiration from these premade playlists:
SUMMER: Songs of Summer Playlist
BIRTHDAY: Happy Birthday Playlist
PARTY INVITATION: Party Songs Playlist
THINKING OF YOU: Thinking of You Playlist
Creating the Spotify Code
Now that you have picked your song or created your Spotify playlist, it’s time to add the music to your card. Whether you are sending a digital card or mailing a handwritten card, this step-by-step process will work for any card format. Spotify has a site where you can create “codes” for any song or playlist that is on Spotify.
When you go to the site:
- Copy and paste the link to the song into the search bar and hit “GET SPOTIFY CODE.”
- You can then customize your code by changing the background color, bar color, size, and format.
- Then, you can download the code in the specific format you chose straight to your computer.
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Test your code before downloading.
- Make sure it’s the size that you want.
- Spotify codes must have a rectangle shape. If you don’t keep it as a rectangle, then the code may not work.
Adding the Code to the Card
Now that you have designed the code and downloaded it, it’s time to add it to your card.
For a digital card, all you have to do is customize it with the code on it. We suggest putting it either at the bottom of the cover of the card or inside the card. When customizing your card, add the image you downloaded to where you would like it. Then, print and mail or email the card to whoever you want.
HANDWRITTEN/STORE BOUGHT CARD
For either format, you will need a printer, scissors, and glue. All you have to do is print out the code in the size that you want. Then, cut out the code and paste it where you want it on the card. It’s that simple!
How to Scan the Code
In order to have the receiving person scan the code, they or someone they know must have the Spotify app on their phone or tablet. If it is a digital card, the receiver can save the image to their device or scan the code through their computer.
When you open the app:
- Tap “SEARCH.”
- Tap the camera icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap “SCAN.”
- Give the app permission to use the camera on your device if you haven’t already done so.
- Point your camera at the Spotify code or select from your photos and pick the Spotify code image. It should send you directly to the song or playlist.
We hope that you enjoyed learning about how you can add a custom Spotify code to your cards. It’s a really fun and interactive add-on to a card for more personalization. It gives the card a little extra love. Have fun creating your playlists and codes!